Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

65-composter2.jpgWho loves composting? We do! Remember how we introduced the Lifetime 80-Gallon Composter last spring? Well, with its success we have designed a smaller version and are excited to announce—the Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter! We have kept all the same great features but just made it a little smaller.

The Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter is constructed of UV-protected high-density polyethylene (HDPE) panels and is black with a galvanized steel base. Its extra large, removable lid makes it easy to load lawn and garden trimmings and organic waste. The lid latches shut to help keep rodents out and compost in. The ingenious tumbler design turns on an axis to allow for easy and balanced rotation. The aerated internal bar mixes compost and allows for air flow.

Even if you’ve never composted before, what better time than now to start?! Plus, when you buy the Lifetime composter, it comes with an easy how-to booklet explaining all the details of successfully composting.

65-composter.jpg65-composter3.jpgHere are some of the benefits of composting:
1. Improves Soil's Ability to Retain Moisture - Reduces Watering Costs
2. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Kitchen and Garden Waste -Saves Landfill Space
3. Conditions Soil for Healthy Plants and Gardens - Provides Valuable Nutrients
4. Stop Buying Expensive Fertilizers and Mulch - Create Your Own with Composting

The composter comes in one box and includes a 5-year limited warranty. The Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter is now available nationwide in all Sam’s Club stores.

Darrin

Darrin

Name- Darrin

Position at Lifetime Products- Product Marketing Manger – Lawn & Garden

How long at Lifetime Products- Since 2006

Topics I blog about- Gardening, Backyard & Garden organization, Home Organization, Garage Organization, Community/Service Projects.

My favorite products from Lifetime-  Do I have to say sheds

Comments

Chris Richardson

3/17/2011 7:23:55 AM

I saw one of these at Costco and I am unsure whether to buy it. I really want to compost, but I don't feel I have enough "brown" material. I will have plenty of grass clippings and organic stuff from the kitchen, but if I don't have fall leaves, what can I use for more brown stuff?

Darrin

3/17/2011 10:11:00 AM

Hi Chris, there are many sources of “brown material” apart from organic material. Shredded newspapers and paper, including napkins and paper towels work great. Other sources of brown materials include saw dust, twigs, straw and hay. Thank you for asking!

Mark

5/13/2011 11:23:57 AM

I bought one of these at Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago. I'm a "rookie" composter so I carefully followed instructions. I put in a couple of bags of freshly cut grass & about double that amount of shredded leaves & then added some water. After a couple of days the pile reached 120 degrees. Two days later it was down to 60 degress. What did I do wrong & what can I do to get it back to 120-150 degress? Thanks for your help.

Katie

5/13/2011 5:49:50 PM

Hi Mark! Thanks for coming to us, I'd love to help you out. Where is your composter in your yard? Is it in a sunny spot where it can stay warm? How does the material look? Is it soggy, if so you may have too much water.

Mark

5/16/2011 10:21:18 AM

Hi Katie, Thanks for the reply. My composter gets morning sun but not afternoon. Maybe that's the problem. I live in Montana so we have not had any hot weather yet - mostly in the 60's during the day, low 40's at night. The material is what I would call damp. It feels wet but when I pick up a hand full it does not drip.

Darrin

5/16/2011 6:27:11 PM

Hi Mark. Thanks to Katie for responding for me as I was out of town. Most of the time you only need to add water if your mix is extrememly dry... and then only a sprinkle. I'd recommend adding super-dry stuff to the mix to dry it out. Or, empty it onto a tarp and dry it out until it's just barely moist. Keep us posted!

On the Drive Home
After writing my last post about my first encounter with a Lifetime Basketball System, I started thinking about how many other people probably had a similar experience as mine. In fact, on my drive home from work last week, I decided to count how many basketball systems there were, and how many of them were from Lifetime. In my short 10 miles from work to home, I counted 60 basketball hoops along my path, and out of those, close to 80% of them were made by Lifetime! So Im guessing that many have had an experience similar to mine. If you do, Id love to hear about it! In fact, while looking for the Jordan vs. Bird commercial a couple of weeks ago, I ran across video of some guys creating some pretty cool memories of their own on a Lifetime System. Check them out here: Backyard Basketball
Missing instructions?
We've all been therefor after-Christmas clean up... carting piles of garbage bags filledwith wrapping paper and carboard boxes off to the recycling bin or garbage. In all the excitement, it's easy tothrow out something you'llneed later. Be it acertain box,bag, or set of instructions.If youreceived a Lifetime Basketball system, storage shed, trailer, or any other product this year andcannot findthe instructions, you're in luck! All of our instructions are online atwww.lifetime.com. Just click here to see a full list of assembly instructions, then search for your modelnumber. Happy Holidays from Lifetime!
Our new Tailgate Table! New Tailgate Table Available Now!
We are so excited to introduce the new Lifetime Tailgate Table! Hitting your local Sams Club this week, this table is the perfect addition to your summer activities. As one of our most innovative items yet, this table features a metal rack for grills or other hot items and folds under the table when not in use. It also includes molded-in cup holders, a molded-in carry handle, and paper towel utensil holders. So for your next outdoor BBQ, tailgate party, or camping trip, pick up this table at Sams Club!