Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

I FINALLY did it!  I finally got around to editing and uploading my video clips from when we built our Lifetime 8'x5' Shed back in the Fall.  But, hopefully, it's just in time to help those of you workaholics who are planning on building a Lifetime shed this Memorial Day weekend!

The video is a little long (about 10 minutes), but it's a condensed, yet thorough, documentary of our 4 hour and 45 minute project.  (Honest, that's all the time it took us to build an entire shed!) It's a great insight as to what you're really in for if you're thinking about building a Lifetime shed.  And, it's filled with tips for steps where we, as normal homeowners, had problems.  So, in addition to reading the instructions and my other three shed building posts, be sure to watch this video for some pointers and heads-up of steps that were a little tricky for us.  Hopefully, our video will save you some time and make an already easy shed assembly project even easier!

Re-inventing the Wheel(barrow)

Jan

Jan

Name- Jan

What I do for a living- First and foremost, I'm a doting mommy of a second grader and a 4-year-old, and a proud wife of a USAF F-16 fighter pilot!  In my pre-children life, I was the Communications Manager for Lifetime Products.  But, once you're a Lifetime fan, you're hooked!  So, after a few years of hiatus, I'm now a WAHM and am happily back on board at Lifetime as a freelance PR Consultant.  In addition to blogging for Lifetime, you can follow and chat with me on Lifetime's Twitter account @Lifetime365 and on the Lifetime Products Facebook page!

Topics I blog about- How I use Lifetime products in my everyday life at home, for kids parties and community activities, as well as inspiring stories... and GIVEAWAYS!  :)

My favorite products from Lifetime- 4x2 Table, 30” Personal Table, Chair, Youth Kayak, and Wheelbarrow.  Although, our Shed and Yard Cart are pretty close favorites, too!

Comments

Gary Bickler

6/5/2009 8:22:49 PM

any body ever take off a front or back and add the addition 2.5 foot extender kit?

Judy Nevara

6/8/2009 9:21:02 AM

After building our shed, the worry we have is hurricanes (Florida) other than bolting the four inside corners to floor base, what other options has anyone suggested to tie down the shed walls, roof etc.

cyndie lou

8/12/2009 4:37:54 PM

hey! i liked the video.   i am going to build a display tomorrow for lowes and i appreciate the pointers and tips  i've been assembling things for a long time but its always good to know things to look out for cause some times you wonder "who wrote those instructions?"   and "what on earth are they talking about"    great job!!    cyndie lou

Jan

8/12/2009 5:07:34 PM

Cyndie Lou,

So glad the video was helpful!  After you assemble your shed display for Lowe's, if you have any tips of your own to share with other readers, please leave another comment.

Jan

Jules

9/3/2009 8:02:59 AM

This was a breeze to build. Once the foundation was complete, took only 11 yr for myself and niece. We put the window on left side, farthest back, and one skylight panel on right farthest back to maximize the light deep into the shed. The instructions were great. We called with one question and the techs were very helpful, easy to communicate with, not condescending. I'd buy another.

Scott

5/21/2010 11:39:12 AM

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the video!  I'm planning on setting up my 8'x10' shed this weekend and this definitely has some great advice!

Thanks again!

Tony Wynne-Roberts

5/14/2012 5:59:05 AM

I have just installed a 10x8 shed in Florida and while the installation was pretty easy(no parts list supplied as per the video),it is pretty obvious that more work is needed to make the shed wind proof.(main concern is the easily unclipped method that the wall panels clip into the floor panels--any suggestions welcome

Jan

5/14/2012 11:54:38 AM

If you have a 8x10 shed front entry shed (NOT a side entry shed), you may want to consider purchasing our Lifetime Extreme Weather kit which anchors the shed to your shed platform from top to bottom using interior steel support channels which bolt from the roof trusses directly into the floor to reinforce doors, walls, and roof trusses. The kit will  increase the wind speed rating from 11 psf to 20 psf (65 mph without the kit to 94 mph with the kit installed).   You can find it in our Lifetime Store Online here:

Which Lifetime Chair Is Right for You?
Lifetime Products is a leading manufacturer in high-density polyethylenefolding chairs. Keep on the look out andI'm sure you'll notice them everywhere from industrial break rooms to professional waiting rooms. Why? Because they are durable and require very little maintenance to look as good as new throughout many years of constant public use, indoors or out. That's especially important for professional environments, but for me personally, I love Lifetime chairs because THEY'RE COMFORTABLE. If you spend alot of time sitting at a desk suffering from back pains (like I did) you may want to start thinking less about cushioning and more about firm support. I found my cushioned office chair was causing me to slump into the back of the chair with my shoulders rolled forward and absolutely no support against my lower back. My aching...
New Lifetime Shed Has More Windows and Vertical Siding
We have been busy over the past year developing a new shed. The new Lifetime 8'x 10' shed capitalizes on the experience we have gained from our previous sheds and brings some great new features. If you are familiar with our sheds, you will notice the overall look of this new shed is different. One of the most noticeable differences is the shed walls now have a vertical siding look. Next difference? Windows! We do extensive market research with customers and you told us you like windows. So, we listened to your feedback and added even more windows by putting some in our newly designed doors. Windows allow light into the shed and give it a nice look. The operable window in the sidewall allows airflow so if you are working in the shed you can stay cool. Another difference in this new shed is the roof pitch is higher. This giv...
Be One of the First 10 Customers and Get 25% Off the Lifetime Garden Caddy!
We're welcoming spring with an amazing deal on our new Lifetime Garden Caddy. Be one of the first 10 customers to order this handy Garden Caddy from buylifetime.com and get 25% off the regular price. This is the only tool organizer you will need for all your lawn garden tools. It not only keeps your tools organized and easy to find in storage, but it's designed with wheels so you can roll it with you to different projects around your yard, even over bumpy, uneven terrain. No more struggling to lug various tools from flowerbed to vegetable garden to potted plants on the patio! The Lifetime Garden Caddy is constructed from heavy-duty polyethylene (HDPE) with a strong steel frame. It's lightweight, easy to maneuver, and designed to hold 7 long-handled garden tools. There's also a convenient tray for holding smaller items. A bu...