Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

Video Tips for Building a Lifetime Shed

I FINALLY did it!  I finally got around to editing and uploading my video clips from when we built our Lifetime 8'x5' Shed back in the Fall.  But, hopefully, it's just in time to help those of you workaholics who are planning on building a Lifetime shed this Memorial Day weekend!

The video is a little long (about 10 minutes), but it's a condensed, yet thorough, documentary of our 4 hour and 45 minute project.  (Honest, that's all the time it took us to build an entire shed!) It's a great insight as to what you're really in for if you're thinking about building a Lifetime shed.  And, it's filled with tips for steps where we, as normal homeowners, had problems.  So, in addition to reading the instructions and my other three shed building posts, be sure to watch this video for some pointers and heads-up of steps that were a little tricky for us.  Hopefully, our video will save you some time and make an already easy shed assembly project even easier!

Re-inventing the Wheel(barrow)

Jan

Jan

Name- Jan

What I do for a living- First and foremost, I'm a doting mommy of a second grader and a 4-year-old, and a proud wife of a USAF F-16 fighter pilot!  In my pre-children life, I was the Communications Manager for Lifetime Products.  But, once you're a Lifetime fan, you're hooked!  So, after a few years of hiatus, I'm now a WAHM and am happily back on board at Lifetime as a freelance PR Consultant.  In addition to blogging for Lifetime, you can follow and chat with me on Lifetime's Twitter account @Lifetime365 and on the Lifetime Products Facebook page!

Topics I blog about- How I use Lifetime products in my everyday life at home, for kids parties and community activities, as well as inspiring stories... and GIVEAWAYS!  :)

My favorite products from Lifetime- 4x2 Table, 30” Personal Table, Chair, Youth Kayak, and Wheelbarrow.  Although, our Shed and Yard Cart are pretty close favorites, too!

Comments

Gary Bickler

6/5/2009 8:22:49 PM

any body ever take off a front or back and add the addition 2.5 foot extender kit?

Judy Nevara

6/8/2009 9:21:02 AM

After building our shed, the worry we have is hurricanes (Florida) other than bolting the four inside corners to floor base, what other options has anyone suggested to tie down the shed walls, roof etc.

cyndie lou

8/12/2009 4:37:54 PM

hey! i liked the video.   i am going to build a display tomorrow for lowes and i appreciate the pointers and tips  i've been assembling things for a long time but its always good to know things to look out for cause some times you wonder "who wrote those instructions?"   and "what on earth are they talking about"    great job!!    cyndie lou

Jan

8/12/2009 5:07:34 PM

Cyndie Lou,

So glad the video was helpful!  After you assemble your shed display for Lowe's, if you have any tips of your own to share with other readers, please leave another comment.

Jan

Jules

9/3/2009 8:02:59 AM

This was a breeze to build. Once the foundation was complete, took only 11 yr for myself and niece. We put the window on left side, farthest back, and one skylight panel on right farthest back to maximize the light deep into the shed. The instructions were great. We called with one question and the techs were very helpful, easy to communicate with, not condescending. I'd buy another.

Scott

5/21/2010 11:39:12 AM

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the video!  I'm planning on setting up my 8'x10' shed this weekend and this definitely has some great advice!

Thanks again!

Tony Wynne-Roberts

5/14/2012 5:59:05 AM

I have just installed a 10x8 shed in Florida and while the installation was pretty easy(no parts list supplied as per the video),it is pretty obvious that more work is needed to make the shed wind proof.(main concern is the easily unclipped method that the wall panels clip into the floor panels--any suggestions welcome

Jan

5/14/2012 11:54:38 AM

If you have a 8x10 shed front entry shed (NOT a side entry shed), you may want to consider purchasing our Lifetime Extreme Weather kit which anchors the shed to your shed platform from top to bottom using interior steel support channels which bolt from the roof trusses directly into the floor to reinforce doors, walls, and roof trusses. The kit will  increase the wind speed rating from 11 psf to 20 psf (65 mph without the kit to 94 mph with the kit installed).   You can find it in our Lifetime Store Online here:

An all new www.Lifetime.com
Over here at Lifetime Products Mission Control, we try to keep our flagship website up-to-date not only with the latest content, but also with the latest in techology and design. When we visit websites we tend to like the ones that frequently update their content; have a clean, easy to use navigation scheme; and are fun to interact with. We think these kinds of sites encourage people to come back (that's called "repeat viewership" in web lingo) and to explore the site (that's called "multiple page views"). So, we added some flash, we added some interesting articles, and much more before wrapping it all up in a fancy new design that we hope you'll love! Why don't you head on over to www.Lifetime.com, surf around a little bit, then come back here and let us know what you think!
Pumpkin Basketball and Gourd Bowling
This past weekend we headed to a local pumpkin patch for our squadrons annual Fall Festival. It was an easy and fun way to celebrate autumn and Halloween without having to attend yet another costume party! Its tough to say what my kids favorite activity was because there were so many cute things to do. As soon as we got there, my daughter was immediately drawn to the Corn Box...a metal bin filled with corn instead of sand and loaded with buckets, shovels, and trucks. However, the Corn Box soon took a back seat as soon as she heard the sputtering sound of tractors and noticed there were hayrides and little cart rides. My son enjoyed winding through the hay maze and pumping the old-fashioned water pumps for the plastic duck races. And, naturally, they both took advantage of the free face painting. (Personally, I passed on the...
How to Get More Seating Around Your Patio Table
Are you planning a backyard picnic to celebrate the end of summer or upcoming Labor Day? Still trying to figure out where everyone can sit? If you're like me, you have a nice patio table and chair set, but it seems like I'm still always short just one or two chairsto be able to have everyone sit together. I could set up my Lifetime card table and folding chairs, but it feels awkward having two people dine by themselves away from the group. Well, here's a handy suggestion my mom shared with me that's the perfect solution to your seating dilemma. Typically, the chairs that come with a patio table are very comfy, but they are also usually very wide and feature arm rests. If you need to add a few extra seats to your patio table, simply use your Lifetime folding chairs instead of your bulky patio chairs and you'll have instant ex...