The Famous Calypso Kayak Gets a Name Makeover

Lifetime Lotus Kayak

Lifetime Lotus Kayak

Lotus beach.jpgMy first Lifetime365 blog, how exciting!  As some of you may know, Lifetime Products recently acquired Emotion Kayaks………and me!   After a 2,089 mile journey, I’m here to join the Lifetime Team and bring you the scoop on all the new kayaks, features and everything else water sports!  I look forward to sharing my kayak knowledge and experience with all of you in hopes that you get as excited about kayaking as I do!

Let's start it off with a bang, shall we?  This season will be huge for Lifetime’s water sports division.  With the acquisition of Emotion Kayaks, our kayak production will have more than tripled!!!  That is a lot of kayaks folks!  Emotion Kayaks alone brings 22 new models that include a kid specific sit-on-top kayak, eight sit-inside models, eight sit-on-top models, one paddleboard and four angler kayaks!  Clean out those garages and make some space for some sweet new kayaks this season!

In addition, Lifetime will be unveiling some killer new kayak models for the 2012 season.  You’ll see some new paddleboard designs, updated sit-on-tops and a brand new sit-inside model for the cold water paddlers out there!

One of our old friends, the Lifetime Calypso Kayak, has been renamed!  Sometimes it is just time for a change right?  The Lifetime Calypso will now be called the Lifetime Lotus, but don’t worry, it is still the same great kayak!   The Lotus is one of our most popular models and even with the new name, we expect it to stay that way.   It will continue to be a great all around adult length kayak that provides convenient transportation and storage options.  So, if the Calypso had been on your list of things to buy, keep it there, just revise the name to Lotus and go find one!

If you want to get acquainted with the Emotion Kayaks line you can visit our site, www.emotionkayaks.com or find us on facebook.   As always, the Lifetime Kayaks can be found at www.lifetime.com and can be purchased in the LIfetime Store online.  Keep your eyes peeled for my next blog to find out all the hot new details on our new 2012 kayak models!

Candace

Candace

Candace_Weaver0006w.jpgName- Candace

Position at Lifetime Products- Watersports Marketing Manager for Lifetime and Emotion brand kayaks

How long at Lifetime Products- Since January 2012!  I came as a packaged deal with the acquisition of Emotion Kayaks where I’d been for over a year.

Topics I blog about- Events and news in water sports, places to kayak, and enjoying the outdoors with friends and family.

My favorite products from Lifetime- Any of the Kayaks and paddleboards.  One of these days I’ll get my hands on a Fold-up Trailer and a Camp and Tailgate Table!

On a Saturday afternoon you can find me- This question will always depend on the season!  When the weather outside is frightful, you can find me at one of the nearby ski resort enjoying the fresh snow and crisp air or snowshoeing through the mountains.  Once the sun is shinning and the birds are chirping, my Saturdays are spent outdoors hiking, backpacking, biking, paddle boarding or my most favorite activity of all, kayaking!  All while enjoying the company of good friends of course!

My favorite escape- Anything whitewater, whether it be kayaking or rafting.  A more relaxing escape would be taking my camera out into the wilderness to photograph everything from wildlife to serene landscapes.

Read all posts by Candace

Comments

Tad

3/10/2012 1:40:27 AM

I am ecstatic about my Manta Bay kayak. However, I had not been able to procure desired to-spec. accessories. I found a pop-up downwind sail, and used it recently. In 15knot wind I was able to move at a comfortable clip and even maneuver diagonally to the wind through careful manipulation of the sail and one-handing a paddle as a side rudder. This experience increased my desire to obtain the tandem sail-away & skeg system and rear rudder kit. Your site offers nearly all the other aftermarket kits but these two. When will these be added to your selection?

Candace

3/27/2012 5:40:59 PM

I am glad you are enjoying your Manta!!  We currently don't have plans to sell sail away and skeg systems or rudders.  When we produce our kayaks we do not build them with the appropriate attachements to handle a rudder/skeg system.  Usually to install a system like that you'll need inserts in the stern, which our kayaks do not have.  There are several companies out there that do make these accessories, one of which is Sealect Designs.  They are a great company and make fantastic products.
If you do need additional accessories that we do not sell, they are a sure bet!

len jeremy

3/16/2012 8:02:10 AM

cant find a way to buy optional rudder for lifetime tandem fishing kayak ?

Candace

3/27/2012 5:41:53 PM

Hello!  We do not currently offer rudders as an after market accessory.  Many Rudder Kits will require attachment points that are molded into the kayak, though there are some out there that can be added with a good amount of adjusting and installation.  None of the Lifetime Kayaks come equipped to take a rudder.  A good place to find systems like these are from Sealect Designs.  They have a variety of rudder kits available and are a great company to work with.

Smunci Panci

3/26/2012 7:25:27 AM

Are you gonna be selling the Emotion Renegade XT online? Its spring and I am ready to buy. The only Emotion dealer in my area is REI and they claim that this model wont be available via them. My zip is 87507.

Candace

3/27/2012 5:44:49 PM

Thanks for your interest in Emotion Kayaks!  We do have other online vendors who will be selling this model!  Our main vender will be Cabela's, you can visit them here http://www.cabelas.com/ .  Another place you can find the Emotion Kayak line is at Amazon.com.  They sell a variety of models and are always updating their inventory.  Check out these fantastic vendors and if you still need some more assistance just come on back here and let me know.  Happy Paddling!

Pokerseiten Vergleich

4/4/2012 4:38:26 AM

I am glad you are enjoying your Manta.

Merry Christmas!
From all of us at Lifetime Products,may youand your family have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday season!
Annual Sales Meeting Reveals LOTS of New Products on Horizon
It's been almost a week now, but my head is still spinning from all of our excitement last week! We started the week with a fantastic 25th Anniversary Event at our factory. Then, immediately after the event, the Lifetime Sales and Marketing Team, lead product engineers,and someleaders from other departmentsheld their annual sales meeting. This conference is a chance fora group of us at Lifetime to communicate, review our progress from the past year, and preview what's planned for our products and business in the coming years.Wepresent and discussnew products, new accounts, manufacturing innovations, international growth, marketing, and more. If I had to sumup this years meeting inone word, it would be: WOW! You won't believe the list of new products weare rolling outsoon!While many of the products are still under wraps for ...
New BuyLifetime Checkout Checkout Just Got Easier in Lifetime Store Online!
If you haven't visitedthe Lifetime StoreOnlinerecently, you've missed out on a brand new, streamlined checkout process! We compiled all the feedback we'd been getting over the yearswhen the Lifetime Store Onlinefills your "direct from the manufacturer" orders, and applied as many changes as we could to eliminate whatever steps we could and simplify the remaining ones. This new checkout could cut your checkout time in half! So, head over to the Lifetime Store Online at BuyLifetime.com and buy that Lifetime product you've been eyeing!