Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

Lifetime's New 65-Gallon Composter

65-composter2.jpgWho loves composting? We do! Remember how we introduced the Lifetime 80-Gallon Composter last spring? Well, with its success we have designed a smaller version and are excited to announce—the Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter! We have kept all the same great features but just made it a little smaller.

The Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter is constructed of UV-protected high-density polyethylene (HDPE) panels and is black with a galvanized steel base. Its extra large, removable lid makes it easy to load lawn and garden trimmings and organic waste. The lid latches shut to help keep rodents out and compost in. The ingenious tumbler design turns on an axis to allow for easy and balanced rotation. The aerated internal bar mixes compost and allows for air flow.

Even if you’ve never composted before, what better time than now to start?! Plus, when you buy the Lifetime composter, it comes with an easy how-to booklet explaining all the details of successfully composting.

65-composter.jpg65-composter3.jpgHere are some of the benefits of composting:
1. Improves Soil's Ability to Retain Moisture - Reduces Watering Costs
2. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Kitchen and Garden Waste -Saves Landfill Space
3. Conditions Soil for Healthy Plants and Gardens - Provides Valuable Nutrients
4. Stop Buying Expensive Fertilizers and Mulch - Create Your Own with Composting

The composter comes in one box and includes a 5-year limited warranty. The Lifetime 65-Gallon Composter is now available nationwide in all Sam’s Club stores.

Darrin

Darrin

Name- Darrin

Position at Lifetime Products- Product Marketing Manger – Lawn & Garden

How long at Lifetime Products- Since 2006

Topics I blog about- Gardening, Backyard & Garden organization, Home Organization, Garage Organization, Community/Service Projects.

My favorite products from Lifetime-  Do I have to say sheds

Comments

Chris Richardson

3/17/2011 7:23:55 AM

I saw one of these at Costco and I am unsure whether to buy it. I really want to compost, but I don't feel I have enough "brown" material. I will have plenty of grass clippings and organic stuff from the kitchen, but if I don't have fall leaves, what can I use for more brown stuff?

Darrin

3/17/2011 10:11:00 AM

Hi Chris, there are many sources of “brown material” apart from organic material. Shredded newspapers and paper, including napkins and paper towels work great. Other sources of brown materials include saw dust, twigs, straw and hay. Thank you for asking!

Mark

5/13/2011 11:23:57 AM

I bought one of these at Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago. I'm a "rookie" composter so I carefully followed instructions. I put in a couple of bags of freshly cut grass & about double that amount of shredded leaves & then added some water. After a couple of days the pile reached 120 degrees. Two days later it was down to 60 degress. What did I do wrong & what can I do to get it back to 120-150 degress? Thanks for your help.

Katie

5/13/2011 5:49:50 PM

Hi Mark! Thanks for coming to us, I'd love to help you out. Where is your composter in your yard? Is it in a sunny spot where it can stay warm? How does the material look? Is it soggy, if so you may have too much water.

Mark

5/16/2011 10:21:18 AM

Hi Katie, Thanks for the reply. My composter gets morning sun but not afternoon. Maybe that's the problem. I live in Montana so we have not had any hot weather yet - mostly in the 60's during the day, low 40's at night. The material is what I would call damp. It feels wet but when I pick up a hand full it does not drip.

Darrin

5/16/2011 6:27:11 PM

Hi Mark. Thanks to Katie for responding for me as I was out of town. Most of the time you only need to add water if your mix is extrememly dry... and then only a sprinkle. I'd recommend adding super-dry stuff to the mix to dry it out. Or, empty it onto a tarp and dry it out until it's just barely moist. Keep us posted!

Merry Christmas!
From all of us at Lifetime Products,may youand your family have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy holiday season!
Take Home Lifetime Tables for the Holidays
The leaves are beginning to change colors and there's a frosty nip in the air. Autumn has arrived. But while Nature is preparing for her long winter's nap, we homosapiens are about to enter the busiest phase of the year--The Holidays! Oh the excitement! The food! The people! Where are you going to put them all?! At Lifetime Products, we have the perfect tables for your holiday activities. Why risk staining or scratching your nice dining table during pumpkin carving projects or holiday crafts? Lifetime tabletops are constructed from heavy-duty polyethylene plastic so they're stain resistant and scratch resistant. No worries! During the social get togethers of the holiday season, you'll especially appreciate the lightweight portablity of Lifetime tables. It only takes a couple of seconds to set one up and the folding legs ma...
Lifetime 34" Square Fold-in-Half Table - Just in Time for Holidays
Lots of Americans will be rushing out this week to buy an extra table for their Thanksgiving feast and upcoming holiday dinners. Because of its size, one of the most popular folding table options on the market is the square table, often referred to as a card table. At Lifetime, we pride ourselves on constantly innovating and improving products. And, I am happy to share with you that Lifetime has made this popular temporary card table even more convenient to own, store, and transport thanks to afold-in-half design and a built-in carrying handle. The new Lifetime 34-Inch Square Fold-in-Half Table offers ample seating space for up to four guests, yet folds in half to just 17 inches to easily carry and fit in the trunk of the smallest car or a hallway closet. However, even though the Lifetime 34-Inch Square Fold-in-Half Table i...