Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

All Lifetime Sheds are very durable and built to last, but if you happen to live in an area that receives an excessive amount of snowfall and/or high winds, the engineers at Lifetime Products have designed a special shed accessory especially with you in mind--our shed weather kits!  We are now offering a Snow Load Kit for the Lifetime 8 ft and 11 ft storage sheds, as well as an Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage sheds. (Please note that these kits are not compatible with the Lifetime garden style sheds in which the doors are located in the longer side.)

The Snow Load Kit consists of steel brackets to reinforce the roof truss and increase the snow load weight capacity of your 8 ft or 11 ft storage shed roof to 30 lbs per square foot.  The Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage shed includes bracket reinforcements for three roof trusses as well as several steel reinforcement channels for the walls and door which are designed to anchor the roof, walls, and door of the shed directly to the ground. So for an 8 x 10 ft Lifetime storage shed, the Extreme Weather Kit will enable the shed to hold up under a total of 2400 lbs of snow on the roof and endure winds up to 94 mph!

Rest assured, these shed weather kits are not necessary under normal seasonal conditions. Without a Snow Load Kit, the 8 ft Lifetime Storage Shed still has an amazing snow load weight capacity of 23 psf, and the 11 ft Lifetime Storage Shed has a snow load weight capacity of 16 psf with a high wind rating of 65 mph. This is more than sufficient for most areas. But for those of our customers who find themselves at the mercy of extreme weather conditions, our shed weather kits provide that extra peace of mind that your Lifetime shed and all of its contents are well protected.

To receive a special discount on these weather kits from The Lifetime Online Store, enter the code "Weather10" to receive 10% off the 60011 Extreme Weather Kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, the 60045 snow load kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, or the 1034594 Snow load kit for an 11 ft Lifetime storage shed.

Charlys

Charlys

Charlys-Huerta0005web.jpgName: Charlys

Position at Lifetime Products: I'm a web content writer for our buylifetime website. I create the content for our online catalog and provide you with the detailed specs and product information you need.

Topics I Blog About: are all of the different Lifetime products we have to offer that will make your work easier and your R&R more enjoyable. I will keep you posted about all of the sales, discounts, and clearances we have on Lifetime products.

My favorite Lifetime Products: are the Lifetime tent trailer and the camping table because camping and camp cooking are two of my favorite hobbies.

On a Saturday afternoon you can find me: hiking in the mountains or bird watching at the lake; or I may be experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up my own exotic dishes from ideas I get on the food channel (to the delight or dismay of my family).

My favorite escape: My favorite year-round escape is a good book. My favorite genre is non-fiction, specifically biographies, and particularly foreign cultures. I enjoy browsing the Amazon.com book and movie reviews and tossing in my two cents worth.

Read all posts by Charlys

Comments

mathieu

3/12/2012 11:08:53 AM

hi will those snow weather kit will work on this shed sold at costo? http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10365105&whse=BCCA&topnav= Thx, Mathieu

Charlys

3/12/2012 12:17:12 PM

No, the snow load kit only works on Lifetime 8x10 sheds in which the doors are in the shorter side of the shed (the 8ft side). This particular model has the doors in the longer side (or the 10ft side) so the weather kit will not work on this style.

Jerry

5/12/2012 3:06:57 PM

Can the extreme weather kit (# 60011) be added to an existing #6405 already built? Or must it be included during assembly - or will I need to disassemble the shed and rebuild it? Thank you!

Charlys

5/14/2012 12:49:25 PM

Yes, you can add the extreme weather kit to your existing 8ft shed. No shed disassembly required.

John

6/2/2012 4:05:19 PM

The Weather10 coupon does not work, is it still available? Thanks John

Charlys

6/4/2012 11:02:00 AM

That particular coupon was activated in 9/2010 and has expired. However, I suggest that you keep an eye on this blog site this coming fall as we usually put the weather kits on sale prior to the winter season.

Courtney

7/12/2012 1:14:55 PM

I'm considering buying a "lightly used" shed and moving it to my property, but I'm worried that removing all the screws and then putting them back in will damage the plastic and hurt the shed's integrity. Do you have any insight into the breakdown and rebuild of these sheds?

Charlys

7/12/2012 1:20:13 PM

Our sheds have been assembled and disassembled several times for customer service training purposes with no problems. Damage to the plastic will only occur if a power drill has been used on a high setting to tighten the screws. We recommend using a hand screwdriver or a power drill on the lowest setting.

Reassembly

8/1/2015 7:40:54 PM

Any instructions for the easiest way to disassemble a lifetime shed from one location and reassemble in another?

darren

11/7/2012 12:29:49 PM

Hi , Will the snow load kits fit the 6446 model Shed?

Charlys

11/7/2012 12:31:23 PM

The snow load kit is not compatible with the 6446 because it is one of our Garden style sheds, meaning the door is in the long side of the shed.  The kit is not compatible with any of our Garden style sheds.

Missing instructions?
We've all been therefor after-Christmas clean up... carting piles of garbage bags filledwith wrapping paper and carboard boxes off to the recycling bin or garbage. In all the excitement, it's easy tothrow out something you'llneed later. Be it acertain box,bag, or set of instructions.If youreceived a Lifetime Basketball system, storage shed, trailer, or any other product this year andcannot findthe instructions, you're in luck! All of our instructions are online atwww.lifetime.com. Just click here to see a full list of assembly instructions, then search for your modelnumber. Happy Holidays from Lifetime!
Have you started composting?
For most of us in the Lifetime family, winter is on its way out. What does that mean? Time to start cooking compost! For those who dont know, Lifetime Products makes a Composter! (You can read all about it in my previous post.) The question was asked How do I separate my compost from my non-composted organic matter? Good question! First would be getting another composter. One composter would be for actually making compost in while the other would be for filling up. When youre done making compost in one, you can empty it and start using it as your filler and the other as your composter. Of course, this means buying two of our composters, which we wouldnt mind at all. ;) The second idea is what I do with my single Lifetime Composter at my house. I cant fill the thing - as soon as it gets full, the composting proces...
Raising Hoops (and Funds) for Kids
Here it is - my official blogging debut. As the newest member of the Lifetime365 blog team, I'm looking forward to sharing some of my personal experiences and basketball product expertise with you. 'Tis the Giving Season! And, if you're a regular reader of this blog, you already know that giving back is one of the things that is extremely important to Lifetime. So, needless to say, I was excited to recently have the opportunity to participate in giving back on behalf of Lifetime at the South Jeffco Sports Association (SJSA) Holiday Tournament in Lakewood, Colorado. SJSA is a nonprofit youth sports organization offering playing opportunities in various sports to kids age 4-17. The Holiday Tournament event was held at the Gold Crown Field House in Lakewood. The three-day tournament included boys and girls in grades 3-8. It wa...