Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

All Lifetime Sheds are very durable and built to last, but if you happen to live in an area that receives an excessive amount of snowfall and/or high winds, the engineers at Lifetime Products have designed a special shed accessory especially with you in mind--our shed weather kits!  We are now offering a Snow Load Kit for the Lifetime 8 ft and 11 ft storage sheds, as well as an Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage sheds. (Please note that these kits are not compatible with the Lifetime garden style sheds in which the doors are located in the longer side.)

The Snow Load Kit consists of steel brackets to reinforce the roof truss and increase the snow load weight capacity of your 8 ft or 11 ft storage shed roof to 30 lbs per square foot.  The Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage shed includes bracket reinforcements for three roof trusses as well as several steel reinforcement channels for the walls and door which are designed to anchor the roof, walls, and door of the shed directly to the ground. So for an 8 x 10 ft Lifetime storage shed, the Extreme Weather Kit will enable the shed to hold up under a total of 2400 lbs of snow on the roof and endure winds up to 94 mph!

Rest assured, these shed weather kits are not necessary under normal seasonal conditions. Without a Snow Load Kit, the 8 ft Lifetime Storage Shed still has an amazing snow load weight capacity of 23 psf, and the 11 ft Lifetime Storage Shed has a snow load weight capacity of 16 psf with a high wind rating of 65 mph. This is more than sufficient for most areas. But for those of our customers who find themselves at the mercy of extreme weather conditions, our shed weather kits provide that extra peace of mind that your Lifetime shed and all of its contents are well protected.

To receive a special discount on these weather kits from The Lifetime Online Store, enter the code "Weather10" to receive 10% off the 60011 Extreme Weather Kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, the 60045 snow load kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, or the 1034594 Snow load kit for an 11 ft Lifetime storage shed.

Charlys

Charlys

Charlys-Huerta0005web.jpgName: Charlys

Position at Lifetime Products: I'm a web content writer for our buylifetime website. I create the content for our online catalog and provide you with the detailed specs and product information you need.

Topics I Blog About: are all of the different Lifetime products we have to offer that will make your work easier and your R&R more enjoyable. I will keep you posted about all of the sales, discounts, and clearances we have on Lifetime products.

My favorite Lifetime Products: are the Lifetime tent trailer and the camping table because camping and camp cooking are two of my favorite hobbies.

On a Saturday afternoon you can find me: hiking in the mountains or bird watching at the lake; or I may be experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up my own exotic dishes from ideas I get on the food channel (to the delight or dismay of my family).

My favorite escape: My favorite year-round escape is a good book. My favorite genre is non-fiction, specifically biographies, and particularly foreign cultures. I enjoy browsing the Amazon.com book and movie reviews and tossing in my two cents worth.

Read all posts by Charlys

Comments

mathieu

3/12/2012 11:08:53 AM

hi will those snow weather kit will work on this shed sold at costo? http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10365105&whse=BCCA&topnav= Thx, Mathieu

Charlys

3/12/2012 12:17:12 PM

No, the snow load kit only works on Lifetime 8x10 sheds in which the doors are in the shorter side of the shed (the 8ft side). This particular model has the doors in the longer side (or the 10ft side) so the weather kit will not work on this style.

Jerry

5/12/2012 3:06:57 PM

Can the extreme weather kit (# 60011) be added to an existing #6405 already built? Or must it be included during assembly - or will I need to disassemble the shed and rebuild it? Thank you!

Charlys

5/14/2012 12:49:25 PM

Yes, you can add the extreme weather kit to your existing 8ft shed. No shed disassembly required.

John

6/2/2012 4:05:19 PM

The Weather10 coupon does not work, is it still available? Thanks John

Charlys

6/4/2012 11:02:00 AM

That particular coupon was activated in 9/2010 and has expired. However, I suggest that you keep an eye on this blog site this coming fall as we usually put the weather kits on sale prior to the winter season.

Courtney

7/12/2012 1:14:55 PM

I'm considering buying a "lightly used" shed and moving it to my property, but I'm worried that removing all the screws and then putting them back in will damage the plastic and hurt the shed's integrity. Do you have any insight into the breakdown and rebuild of these sheds?

Charlys

7/12/2012 1:20:13 PM

Our sheds have been assembled and disassembled several times for customer service training purposes with no problems. Damage to the plastic will only occur if a power drill has been used on a high setting to tighten the screws. We recommend using a hand screwdriver or a power drill on the lowest setting.

Reassembly

8/1/2015 7:40:54 PM

Any instructions for the easiest way to disassemble a lifetime shed from one location and reassemble in another?

darren

11/7/2012 12:29:49 PM

Hi , Will the snow load kits fit the 6446 model Shed?

Charlys

11/7/2012 12:31:23 PM

The snow load kit is not compatible with the 6446 because it is one of our Garden style sheds, meaning the door is in the long side of the shed.  The kit is not compatible with any of our Garden style sheds.

Labor Day Fun
I always look forward to Labor Day with such mixed emotions. Naturally, I love having the three-day weekend and having my hubby home for an extra day of fun or to-do projects. But, it also means summer is officially over.:( My son, Nathan, started preschool today so we wanted to spend our Labor Day weekend enjoying the last remaining hours of summer freedom. We took the kids swimming one day and we also took them to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. So much fun! Nathan was tall enough to ride a few of the adult roller coasters this year so that made it even more exciting for all of us. (Wow, there is nothing more heartwarming than watching your child grin literally ear-to-ear all day long from having such genuine fun and thrills!) But, just like my last post, our adventure started off with Lifetime! Its everywhere! To enter Six Fla...
Home and Garden Gurus
Home and garden help is here! Whether its time to restore last years vegetable garden, prepare your home for holiday entertaining, or perform a garage overhaul, our panel of experts is here to help. Periodically, each of our experts will share his or her knowledge in the areas of organization, gardening, entertaining, and family-life balance. Here, you will find advice, video demonstrations and firsthand accounts sure to spark new project ideas, motivate you to complete those in progress, and uncover creative solutions to everyday home and garden challenges all with you in mind. Be sure to check back frequently to get to know our experts and stay up-to-date with the latest tips all for the way you live. Check out each of our Home and Garden Gurus Profiles to learn more about them: Hannah Keeley, Lifestyle Expert Patr...
Summer Relaxing Has Never Been This Easy!
Gone are the days of preserving high-maintenance wood patio furniture year after year. With the success ofour firstglider benchthat wasintroduced in 2002, Lifetime decided to produce a wood-alternative glider bench. Constructed of powder-coated steel and high-density polyethylene (HDPE), thewood-simulated slats give the appearance of wood without the maintenance. The Lifetime Wood Alternative Glider Bench will not crack, chip, or peel, and is stain resistant and requires no painting, staining, or other maintenance. In addition, the individual wood-textured slatsallowfor quick water drainage. Enjoy summer with the new wood-alternative glider bench from Lifetime Products!! Durable, Weather-Resistant Simulated Wood The Beauty of Wood Without the Maintenance Ball Bearings for a Smooth and Quiet Glide 48 Steel Frame wit...