Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

Lifetime Shed Weather Kits

All Lifetime Sheds are very durable and built to last, but if you happen to live in an area that receives an excessive amount of snowfall and/or high winds, the engineers at Lifetime Products have designed a special shed accessory especially with you in mind--our shed weather kits!  We are now offering a Snow Load Kit for the Lifetime 8 ft and 11 ft storage sheds, as well as an Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage sheds. (Please note that these kits are not compatible with the Lifetime garden style sheds in which the doors are located in the longer side.)

The Snow Load Kit consists of steel brackets to reinforce the roof truss and increase the snow load weight capacity of your 8 ft or 11 ft storage shed roof to 30 lbs per square foot.  The Extreme Weather Kit for the 8 ft storage shed includes bracket reinforcements for three roof trusses as well as several steel reinforcement channels for the walls and door which are designed to anchor the roof, walls, and door of the shed directly to the ground. So for an 8 x 10 ft Lifetime storage shed, the Extreme Weather Kit will enable the shed to hold up under a total of 2400 lbs of snow on the roof and endure winds up to 94 mph!

Rest assured, these shed weather kits are not necessary under normal seasonal conditions. Without a Snow Load Kit, the 8 ft Lifetime Storage Shed still has an amazing snow load weight capacity of 23 psf, and the 11 ft Lifetime Storage Shed has a snow load weight capacity of 16 psf with a high wind rating of 65 mph. This is more than sufficient for most areas. But for those of our customers who find themselves at the mercy of extreme weather conditions, our shed weather kits provide that extra peace of mind that your Lifetime shed and all of its contents are well protected.

To receive a special discount on these weather kits from The Lifetime Online Store, enter the code "Weather10" to receive 10% off the 60011 Extreme Weather Kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, the 60045 snow load kit for an 8 ft Lifetime storage shed, or the 1034594 Snow load kit for an 11 ft Lifetime storage shed.

Charlys

Charlys

Charlys-Huerta0005web.jpgName: Charlys

Position at Lifetime Products: I'm a web content writer for our buylifetime website. I create the content for our online catalog and provide you with the detailed specs and product information you need.

Topics I Blog About: are all of the different Lifetime products we have to offer that will make your work easier and your R&R more enjoyable. I will keep you posted about all of the sales, discounts, and clearances we have on Lifetime products.

My favorite Lifetime Products: are the Lifetime tent trailer and the camping table because camping and camp cooking are two of my favorite hobbies.

On a Saturday afternoon you can find me: hiking in the mountains or bird watching at the lake; or I may be experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up my own exotic dishes from ideas I get on the food channel (to the delight or dismay of my family).

My favorite escape: My favorite year-round escape is a good book. My favorite genre is non-fiction, specifically biographies, and particularly foreign cultures. I enjoy browsing the Amazon.com book and movie reviews and tossing in my two cents worth.

Read all posts by Charlys

Comments

mathieu

3/12/2012 11:08:53 AM

hi will those snow weather kit will work on this shed sold at costo? http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10365105&whse=BCCA&topnav= Thx, Mathieu

Charlys

3/12/2012 12:17:12 PM

No, the snow load kit only works on Lifetime 8x10 sheds in which the doors are in the shorter side of the shed (the 8ft side). This particular model has the doors in the longer side (or the 10ft side) so the weather kit will not work on this style.

Jerry

5/12/2012 3:06:57 PM

Can the extreme weather kit (# 60011) be added to an existing #6405 already built? Or must it be included during assembly - or will I need to disassemble the shed and rebuild it? Thank you!

Charlys

5/14/2012 12:49:25 PM

Yes, you can add the extreme weather kit to your existing 8ft shed. No shed disassembly required.

John

6/2/2012 4:05:19 PM

The Weather10 coupon does not work, is it still available? Thanks John

Charlys

6/4/2012 11:02:00 AM

That particular coupon was activated in 9/2010 and has expired. However, I suggest that you keep an eye on this blog site this coming fall as we usually put the weather kits on sale prior to the winter season.

Courtney

7/12/2012 1:14:55 PM

I'm considering buying a "lightly used" shed and moving it to my property, but I'm worried that removing all the screws and then putting them back in will damage the plastic and hurt the shed's integrity. Do you have any insight into the breakdown and rebuild of these sheds?

Charlys

7/12/2012 1:20:13 PM

Our sheds have been assembled and disassembled several times for customer service training purposes with no problems. Damage to the plastic will only occur if a power drill has been used on a high setting to tighten the screws. We recommend using a hand screwdriver or a power drill on the lowest setting.

Reassembly

8/1/2015 7:40:54 PM

Any instructions for the easiest way to disassemble a lifetime shed from one location and reassemble in another?

darren

11/7/2012 12:29:49 PM

Hi , Will the snow load kits fit the 6446 model Shed?

Charlys

11/7/2012 12:31:23 PM

The snow load kit is not compatible with the 6446 because it is one of our Garden style sheds, meaning the door is in the long side of the shed.  The kit is not compatible with any of our Garden style sheds.

Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying A Folding Table
When purchasing a folding table, you may think that all you need is a basic structure with a flat surface, four legs, and the ability to fold flat. In some cases, you may be right, right? I think about tables and chairs a lot. Every day I talk with our Lifetime Tables and Chairs team about corner impact, leg locking mechanisms, channeling, leg deployment, and lots of other details that will make you stop reading this. All this knowledge has made me a firm believer that a very durable table with safety and convenience features will pay off in the long run. Do you remember the "old" folding tables? Let me jog your memory-- they were wooden, heavy, and clumsy. I remember carrying heavy tables made of wood or metal, with sharp metal edges below the table top that cutmy fingers. If you were alive in the 1990's and earlierand I a...
How Much Weight Can My Folding Table Hold?
One of the most frequently asked questions I hear at Lifetime as a member of the Tables Chairs team is: "How much weight will this folding table hold?" That's a pretty loaded question, no pun intended. You would think the answer would be pretty cut-and-dry. Truth is, it's actually quite complicated. But, as part of my continuing series on what features to look for when picking the perfect folding table, today I'm going to help answer that question while helping you understand why durability is so important to consider when buying a folding table. So, as a shopper, where should you start to try and figure out which table is strong enough for your needs? First, before you purchase a folding table, think about what you primarily want to use the table for. Paper crafts may not require as much durability as a table at a construc...
After dinner, head out and go shopping! Black Friday!!!
What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? My wifes favorite part is going shopping! I find more satisfaction in staying home, eating too much, and watching football, but, to each their own. I went one year with my wife and after I got beat by a bunch of spry and motivated ladies while trying to get some sheets, I decided to retire from Black Fridaying (is that even a word?). My goal is to help you know where you can find our products. With so many different retailers carrying our products, I wanted to help you wade through the mess. If youre looking for a new basketball hoop, Sports Authority,
After dinner, head out and go shopping! Black Friday!!!
What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? My wife’s favorite part is going shopping! I find more satisfaction in staying home, eating too much, and watching football, but, to each their own. I went one year with my wife and after I got beat by a bunch of spry and motivated ladies while trying to get some sheets, I decided to retire from Black Fridaying (is that even a word?). My goal is to help you know where you can find our products. With so many different retailers carrying our products, I wanted to help you wade through the mess. If you’re looking for a new basketball hoop, Sports Authority, The Lifetime kids' furniture is hitting Costco stores this week! The Kids’ Table is Now the Cool Table
I can’t even tell you how excited I am about our new Kid’s Furniture! This is a project that the whole company has rallied around – even employees can’t wait to get their hands on these! The Lifetime Children’s Square Folding Table and Stacking Chairs are hitting Costco stores this week! They are absolutely perfect for homes, daycares, parties, etc. and would be great as your kids’ Thanksgiving Table this year. The table comes in our traditional almond color, and the cute stack chairs are available in blue, green, and almond. The great thing about our tables...
Who doesn’t love costumes, face paint, spooky decorations – and my personal favorite – pumpkin carving?! Love my Pumpkin Carving Table!
Halloween is such a fun time of year! Who doesn’t love costumes, face paint, spooky decorations – and my personal favorite – pumpkin carving?! So last night, my husband and I set out on our pumpkin carving adventure. My husband not only carves pumpkins, but he is amazing at shaving in faces, and doing all sorts of cool stuff. Over the years, he has helped me get more and more into it as well. Since I knew this was going to get pretty messy, I didn’t really want to use my wooden kitchen table, so I decided to pull out my trusty 4-Foot Fold-In-Half Lifetime Table. We live in a smaller apartment, so this is the perfect table for us. It is super easy to store and ...