Ladies and Gentlemen, Step Right Up to the Lifetime Double Shot!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Step Right Up to the Lifetime Double Shot!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Step Right Up to the Lifetime Double Shot!

Arcade basketball games can be found everywhere from bowling alleys and shopping malls, to family rooms, and Lifetime Products is joining in the fun by offering the all-new Lifetime Double Shot basketball arcade game. Arcade games became popular back in the roaring ‘20s when they first appeared in the midways of bustling amusement parks where visitors were invited to test their agility and coordination to win the grand prize. Today’s home arcade players may not win a giant stuffed panda, but they still find that these games are a great way to relax and enjoy some friendly competition.

While there are several basketball arcade games on the market to choose from, the engineers at Lifetime have designed innovative features for the Lifetime Double Shot to ensure friendlier usability, safety, and convenience. All these improvements add up to a lot more fun for you! The following are some improvements we’re sure you’ll appreciate:

• Dual Height Adjustment - While other basketball arcade systems are designed with one height, the backboard on this system can be adjusted to two different heights to accommodate high or low ceilings, as well as provide players with options for a customized game.
  • Optical Scoring Sensor - Optical scoring sensor is more accurate than the latch scoring arm found on most other arcades on the market and it eliminates problems with the ball getting stuck between the net and the latch arm. Latch arms can also break very easily.
  • Rims – Thicker gauged steel rims with strong support braces prevent rims from bending.
  • No Sagging - You may have noticed that some models out there have sagging ramps. Lifetime has solved that problem by replacing elastic straps with buckled nylon webbing straps that can be used to tighten the ramp. A front brace bar has also been added to alleviate sagging and to keep the balls within easy reach.
  • Convenient Storage - During the rare times when the Double Shot is not being used, it is designed to fold up against the wall using push buttons, rather than pins, so it will safely lock into place as you lift it up.

If you’re an arcade enthusiast and would like to add an arcade game to your family home entertainment, consider the advantages of the Lifetime Double Shot basketball game. The durable construction of this system means you’ll be getting your money’s worth for a product that will last, and the innovative features mean a whole lot of fun for family and friends of all ages at parties and get-togethers. You don’t have to go out to have fun--create your own exciting arcade atmosphere right in your own home!

Congrats February Contest Winner!

Lifetime Products Profit Sharing

Charlys

Charlys

Charlys-Huerta0005web.jpgName: Charlys

Position at Lifetime Products: I'm a web content writer for our buylifetime website. I create the content for our online catalog and provide you with the detailed specs and product information you need.

Topics I Blog About: are all of the different Lifetime products we have to offer that will make your work easier and your R&R more enjoyable. I will keep you posted about all of the sales, discounts, and clearances we have on Lifetime products.

My favorite Lifetime Products: are the Lifetime tent trailer and the camping table because camping and camp cooking are two of my favorite hobbies.

On a Saturday afternoon you can find me: hiking in the mountains or bird watching at the lake; or I may be experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up my own exotic dishes from ideas I get on the food channel (to the delight or dismay of my family).

My favorite escape: My favorite year-round escape is a good book. My favorite genre is non-fiction, specifically biographies, and particularly foreign cultures. I enjoy browsing the Amazon.com book and movie reviews and tossing in my two cents worth.

Read all posts by Charlys

Comments

Coach

12/4/2010 4:59:36 PM

I just set up our new Double Shot, but the sensors don't work. Do you have a solution for me?

Jan

12/7/2010 1:46:50 PM

We are so sorry to hear that happened!  Contact our Customer Care department and they will be happy to send you replacement parts.

CustomerCare@lifetime.com

1800-225-3865

Lamar Crosby

12/25/2010 2:40:49 PM

Where can I find out how the doubleshot scores. We got into overtime but would like to know how high we can go. The game was keeping the high score but we got so high it now reads 05.. What does this mean?

Charlys

1/3/2011 1:59:50 PM

Sounds like some exciting competition going on. If you refer to page 32 of your instruction manual, it will tell you exactly how the scorekeeper works. Anything higher than 100 displays as a number and a dot; for example, 04.=104 points. Keep up the good work!

Jared Haynie

1/27/2011 2:56:43 PM

I broke 200 and at 200 the counter stops. It won't count anything else it just stops. I know you may think that 200 isn't possible but it is reality. I really wish it went past. I feel like the fun is over! Please help lifetime!

Charlys

2/2/2011 9:05:13 AM

Impressive score! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Double Shot. As far as your problem with the scorekeeper, I would suggest that you contact our Customer Service department. I'm sure they'll be able to give you some helpful advice. The number is 1 800 225 3865.

Matt

2/12/2011 9:13:45 PM

When do the shots count for 3 points vs 2? With 10 seconds left? Is this in all blocks of 30 points? Each 30 points = bonus time right? After a game ends, shooting a basket starts a new game? Just trying to figure out all the rules. Thanks.

Charlys

2/14/2011 11:05:12 AM

“Each game consists of a possible 3 rounds. In the first round, each player has 30

seconds to reach 30 points and move on to round 2. Each basket is worth 2 points

for the first 20 seconds, and 3 points for the last 10 seconds. Players who do not

score the required points will not advance to the next round. In round 2, advancing

players are given 15 additional seconds to reach 60 points and move on to the third

and final round. In rounds 2 and 3, every shot is worth 3 points. When the buzzer

sounds at the end of round 3, the highest score wins!”  (p.32 Owner's Manual)

Jason

3/1/2011 10:48:39 AM

First off, I just want to say that your quality and customer service is far better than what I experienced with Sportcraft (I owned one of their arcade systems before yours). However, I'm curious. They did have some other interesting features (although not well executed). I'm wondering, are you planning on enhancing the Double Shot system at any point? Would you like customer feedback on what enhancements would mean the most (at least to me)? Is there a good avenue to post that feedback?

Charlys

3/1/2011 11:05:39 AM

We definitely appreciate customer input when designing our products, and rely on your feedback when making product improvements. An effective way to get your suggestions to our design engineers is through a Product Review on our online store at buylifetime.com. because these are reviewed on a regular basis.  I will also forward any suggestions I receive through blog comments on to our design engineers.  We appreciate your interest in our products and would love to hear from you!

Avi Zibitt

3/4/2011 11:45:22 AM

We have the older DoubleShot model #9960. The plastic switch that registers baskets broke. Where can I get a new part? The game kinda sucks without score keeping!

Charlys

3/4/2011 12:17:24 PM

Sorry to hear about the plastic switch on your old 9960 Double Shot. That was one of the features that was changed with our "New and Improved"  90056 Double Shot, which has an electronic scorekeeper (along with other design improvements). Normally for part replacements, you would need to call our Customer Service department at 1-800-225-3865. But I checked into this for you and unfortunately they no longer carry the plastic switch for our old model. However, the Double Shot engineer said that Customer Service might have some suggestions as to how you can replace the old switch mechanism with an electronic scorekeeper, if you're determined and mechanically inclined.  Otherwise, you may want to check out the new and improved 90056 model on buylifetime.com.

Susan Timm

4/5/2011 1:56:54 AM

We have a Lifetime double shot basketball arcade. We are in need of the arcade scorekeeper part #53104. Can you help me with this?

Charlys

4/5/2011 9:15:03 AM

To get replacement parts for your Lifetime Products, please call Customer Service at 1-800-225-3865.

Doyle F Kripal

5/19/2011 2:09:44 PM

I have recently ordered a life time shed through home depot internet model # 6402 internet #202080012. Would you please send me a copy of the owners manual? My address: Doyle F Kripal P O Box 651 Chappell,Ne. 69129 Thank you

Charlys

5/19/2011 2:26:01 PM

You can access online instructions for Lifetime products at lifetime.com under customer care/assembly instructions. If you do not have access to a computer, you can contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-225-3865 or email them at customercare@lifetime.com and they will be able to mail you a copy.

laura bunker

9/24/2011 3:19:47 PM

With four boys, our double shot has gotten a lot of use. We could use a replacement for the ball return/side netting piece. Is this possible?

Charlys

9/29/2011 8:35:20 AM

I'm so glad to hear the kids are getting alot of use out of your Double Shot. As far as the replacement netting, it depends on which Double Shot you own, because we have an older model and a newer model.  If it's the newer model that came out a couple of years ago, you can order the netting through Customer Service at 1 800 225 3865, or email them at customercare@lifetime.com.  But if it's our older model, we unfortunately no longer carry the replacement netting for that one.

Video Review of Lifetime Raised Garden Kit
A few months ago we told you about our newest lawn and garden product - the Lifetime Raised Garden Kits. We are thrilled to tell you they are quickly becoming a very popular product! These 4'x4' kits provide a full garden setup in less than one hour of easy do-it-yourself assembly with no tools required. But, a lot of you may still be wondering if they are really that easy to assemble and if they really work. Well, wonder no more! If you're a loyal reader of this blog, you may be familiar with our fellow Geekstyle blogger, Joe. It turns out that not only does Joe get geeky with techy things, but he also gets geeky about going green, too! A few weeks ago, we gave Joe a Lifetime Raised Garden Kit to review and use on his personal green/gardening website called PathToGreenerLiving.com. He created a detailed and in-...
Lifetime Employees Build New Hiking Trail
Last Saturday, September 10, 430 of my fellow co-workers and I spent three hours constructing a brand new walking and biking trail in Ogden City, Utah for Lifetimes 6th Annual Local Community Service Project. Each year, Lifetime employees work off the clock and donate their time with our group community service project, earning credit toward Lifetimes bi-annual employee benefit program that gives a percentage of the companys profits to each employee. Since Lifetime is celebrating its 25th corporate anniversary, this year we are increasing our efforts and actually undertaking four separate beautification projects on two separate days. This past Saturdays trail building was our first project and the second project will be held this Saturday, September 17, and will include clean-up of two parks and cemetery beautification in W...
This chair is 100% made in the USA by our own Utah employees. Our Latest Innovation
Every Lifetime product has its niche and purpose. Every market niche has a need. For the past two years, weve been designing, re-thinking, and bringing new definition to the residential tables and chairs market. And now, the first Residential-grade Lifetime chair is rolling into Walmarts across the nation. This chair is 100% made in the USA by our own Utah employees. Every piece, rivets and all, has been carefully designed and made to represent the Lifetime brand. Its purposeful blueprint has been crafted and honed to target our Walmart customer base, while also standing up for the strength and dependability of the Lifetime name. Though its convenient thin frame and residential grade look deceiving, our engineers have specifically made the design to be st...