An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

www.Lifetime.comOver here at Lifetime Products Mission Control, we try to keep our flagship website up-to-date not only with the latest content, but also with the latest in techology and design.

When we visit websites we tend to like the ones that frequently update their content; have a clean, easy to use navigation scheme; and are fun to interact with. We think these kinds of sites encourage people to come back (that's called "repeat viewership" in web lingo) and to explore the site (that's called "multiple page views").

So, we added some flash, we added some interesting articles, and much more before wrapping it all up in a fancy new design that we hope you'll love!

Why don't you head on over to www.Lifetime.com, surf around a little bit, then come back here and let us know what you think!

Fold-up Trailer-- Extreme Dad's Day Gift

Hey...We were on Danny Lipford!

Joe

Joe

Name: Joe

Position at Lifetime Products: Web Developer. What does that mean? I work with the rest of the web team to put great designs into industry standard HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET MVC, and use other techno-jargon stuff to help our customers find what they're looking for, learn about our products, and have a fun time doing it.

Social Networks:

How long at Lifetime Products: Since November 2005

Background: You’ve always wanted to know who on earth Joe is, and even if you haven't we're going to tell you anyway! He was born in Weber County, Utah, USA. He is a descendant of Paiute (Native American) heritage and is a member of the Kanosh (Utah) Band. He is a member of various community, church, and civic organizations, and is actively involved with local, state, and national government. He is concerned with customer service and is striving to educate businesses concerning proper “consumer etiquette”. Joe is a Thawte Web of Trust Notary and is involved with seamless Digital Signatures utilizing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and similar technologies. He is a husband and father. He rides his recumbent bicycle to work every day. He enjoys gardening, houseplants, mobile computing, camping, authoring web sites, working in the yard, and spending time with his family. How does he do it all? We really don’t have the foggiest. Some have suspected he’s discovered the secrets of cold fusion, while others think he may be an android. We may never know for certain.

My favorite Lifetime Products: Lifetime Yard cart, outdoor sheds, camp tables, and picnic tables

Comments

Susan Mcgillis

7/15/2008 3:32:01 PM

Wow! That's an awesome website! I love how well you've separated the content (html) from the design (css)! The search engines must LOVE that!  Kudos to a job well done!

Roger

7/15/2008 3:41:17 PM

Hi!  I have a Lifetime shed (8x12) and truly appreciate its quality and function.  I have another location I would like to install a shed.  I am wondering if there are any future plans for a 10' series of vinyl sheds (the 8'series is too small, the 11' series too large)?  Specifically I would be interested in something close to 10x14?

Thank you.

- Roger

V John Beaudoin

7/17/2008 9:48:56 AM

How about listing/showing the shed accessories that are available for the shed interiors.  If I'm to buy a shed I want to know what's available before hand; not last minute or find out there out of stock.

joe

joe

7/17/2008 2:59:15 PM

Hey Roger! Thanks for the comment, and you're in luck!

I just got off the horn with our Sheds Expert in our Marketing Department.

We have two options that might work for you. We have a 10x8 Garden Building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-60005.aspx) and a 15x8 garden building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-6446.aspx).

These two would be the best options that we have available at this time.

Take a look at them an less us know what you think!

- joe

joe

joe

7/17/2008 3:19:12 PM

Susan! Thanks for the comments!

Speaking as one of the developers that worked first-hand on the new Lifetime.com website, I can tell you how difficult it is, at times, to write really well built page (pages that not just look good, but have a solid foundation). Separating content (xhtml) from design (css) was one of the goals of this version of the site. We're hoping it will not only help with load times (making the pages load faster) but also with search engines and screen readers as well.

Interestingly, even though we use Flash and dhtml throughout the site, it's still functional and readable without javascript or Flash turned on.

Thanks for the kudos! And thanks for the visit and comment! Why not subscribe to our feed while you're at it? (feeds.feedburner.com/Lifetime365)

- Joe the Web Guy

katie

7/24/2008 2:27:07 PM

John, thanks for your comment... I couldn't agree with you more. I'm excited to tell you that we are developing a flash piece to do exactly that. We will soon have all shed accessories, including details on the sheds and storage buildings that they are compatible with. These updates are coming soon to Lifetime.com.

Rachel

7/24/2008 7:27:02 PM

After not visiting the blog or the corporate site for a while I have to say, well done! I'm impressed with the clean design, friendly copy, and overall appearance of the site. I must also say kudos to the continuity between the blog, corporate site and BuyLifetime.com site. It looks like ONE company now rather than three separate identities.

And I can FINALLY find and search for products across the sites. Nice job!! I'm excited to see what Lifetime will do next to make my life easier.

teri

7/29/2008 9:18:57 PM

www.Lifetime.com has made my everyday life at home or on the road very easy when it comes to  shopping or problems with teen girls. I just love this website.

teri

7/29/2008 9:25:14 PM

I just wanted to say thanks, for everything and all the information www.Lifetime.com has allowed me to pass along to those who need it most when I travel the world.....

Colleen Wood

7/21/2011 7:10:10 AM

How do you get to register your shed here?

Joe

7/25/2011 3:50:34 PM

You can register your product by heading over to the Customer Care section of www.Lifetime.com.

Lifetime at the Lake House
My parents recently bought a vacation house at Lake Erie and I saw it for the first time when I went home to Ohio last month. (Boy, good thing I made the trip to Ohio because its given me tons to blog about!) I was happy to see they had furnished several areas of the house with Lifetime products. (I taught them well!) My parents actually became Sams Club members for the first time just so they could buy some Lifetime products for their new house since Sams Club has such a large selection. Remember my last post and how I was talking about my parents still having a heavy picnic table at home that they actually move with a lawn mower? Well, apparently, it IS possible to teach an old dog new tricks! My parents purchased a Lifetime 8-foot picnic table for their patio at their lake house. Hip-hip, hooray! Since their backyard has...
Score! Basketball Hoop Fosters Positive Contact with Community Kids
One of the coolest things about working for a manufacturing company is that I get to make products that people love and use in their everyday lives. Having our headquarters in Clearfield, Utah gives Lifetime the opportunity to use our products and resources throughout the community. I am always happy when we can help someone out. We recently had the opportunity to do just that. This basketball story below is from our friend Anthony, from the Department of Corrections facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am grateful to Anthony for sharing this experience and hope they are enjoying the new basketball system! I bought a hoop in 2002 for our officers to use as a way to get in some exercise while at the office. We had no idea at the time it would transform into what it did.We used the hoop for some great interoffice tournaments w...
What NOT to Do When Assembling a Lifetime Basketball Hoop
A few months ago I forewarned you of the top three things to know before assembling a Lifetime Basketball Hoop. Today, I'm going to share with you some of the specific hurdles I alluded to in that post that we crossed along the way when assembling our own Lifetime Basketball Hoop (model 90228). To be honest, I'm kind of embarrassed to share my story with you given some of the pretty major "oopsies" we had. After all, since I work for Lifetime, you'd think I'd know how to assemble the products. Not necessarily true. This was my first time assembling a Lifetime Basketball Hoop. Let's just say, I can definitely empathize with our customers now! Before we started assembling, we laid out all of our parts and pieces to make sure we could easily find everything. Thankfully, all the parts and bags of hardware are labeled well. Simpl...