An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

www.Lifetime.comOver here at Lifetime Products Mission Control, we try to keep our flagship website up-to-date not only with the latest content, but also with the latest in techology and design.

When we visit websites we tend to like the ones that frequently update their content; have a clean, easy to use navigation scheme; and are fun to interact with. We think these kinds of sites encourage people to come back (that's called "repeat viewership" in web lingo) and to explore the site (that's called "multiple page views").

So, we added some flash, we added some interesting articles, and much more before wrapping it all up in a fancy new design that we hope you'll love!

Why don't you head on over to www.Lifetime.com, surf around a little bit, then come back here and let us know what you think!

Fold-up Trailer-- Extreme Dad's Day Gift

Hey...We were on Danny Lipford!

Joe

Joe

Name: Joe

Position at Lifetime Products: Web Developer. What does that mean? I work with the rest of the web team to put great designs into industry standard HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET MVC, and use other techno-jargon stuff to help our customers find what they're looking for, learn about our products, and have a fun time doing it.

Social Networks:

How long at Lifetime Products: Since November 2005

Background: You’ve always wanted to know who on earth Joe is, and even if you haven't we're going to tell you anyway! He was born in Weber County, Utah, USA. He is a descendant of Paiute (Native American) heritage and is a member of the Kanosh (Utah) Band. He is a member of various community, church, and civic organizations, and is actively involved with local, state, and national government. He is concerned with customer service and is striving to educate businesses concerning proper “consumer etiquette”. Joe is a Thawte Web of Trust Notary and is involved with seamless Digital Signatures utilizing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and similar technologies. He is a husband and father. He rides his recumbent bicycle to work every day. He enjoys gardening, houseplants, mobile computing, camping, authoring web sites, working in the yard, and spending time with his family. How does he do it all? We really don’t have the foggiest. Some have suspected he’s discovered the secrets of cold fusion, while others think he may be an android. We may never know for certain.

My favorite Lifetime Products: Lifetime Yard cart, outdoor sheds, camp tables, and picnic tables

Comments

Susan Mcgillis

7/15/2008 3:32:01 PM

Wow! That's an awesome website! I love how well you've separated the content (html) from the design (css)! The search engines must LOVE that!  Kudos to a job well done!

Roger

7/15/2008 3:41:17 PM

Hi!  I have a Lifetime shed (8x12) and truly appreciate its quality and function.  I have another location I would like to install a shed.  I am wondering if there are any future plans for a 10' series of vinyl sheds (the 8'series is too small, the 11' series too large)?  Specifically I would be interested in something close to 10x14?

Thank you.

- Roger

V John Beaudoin

7/17/2008 9:48:56 AM

How about listing/showing the shed accessories that are available for the shed interiors.  If I'm to buy a shed I want to know what's available before hand; not last minute or find out there out of stock.

joe

joe

7/17/2008 2:59:15 PM

Hey Roger! Thanks for the comment, and you're in luck!

I just got off the horn with our Sheds Expert in our Marketing Department.

We have two options that might work for you. We have a 10x8 Garden Building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-60005.aspx) and a 15x8 garden building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-6446.aspx).

These two would be the best options that we have available at this time.

Take a look at them an less us know what you think!

- joe

joe

joe

7/17/2008 3:19:12 PM

Susan! Thanks for the comments!

Speaking as one of the developers that worked first-hand on the new Lifetime.com website, I can tell you how difficult it is, at times, to write really well built page (pages that not just look good, but have a solid foundation). Separating content (xhtml) from design (css) was one of the goals of this version of the site. We're hoping it will not only help with load times (making the pages load faster) but also with search engines and screen readers as well.

Interestingly, even though we use Flash and dhtml throughout the site, it's still functional and readable without javascript or Flash turned on.

Thanks for the kudos! And thanks for the visit and comment! Why not subscribe to our feed while you're at it? (feeds.feedburner.com/Lifetime365)

- Joe the Web Guy

katie

7/24/2008 2:27:07 PM

John, thanks for your comment... I couldn't agree with you more. I'm excited to tell you that we are developing a flash piece to do exactly that. We will soon have all shed accessories, including details on the sheds and storage buildings that they are compatible with. These updates are coming soon to Lifetime.com.

Rachel

7/24/2008 7:27:02 PM

After not visiting the blog or the corporate site for a while I have to say, well done! I'm impressed with the clean design, friendly copy, and overall appearance of the site. I must also say kudos to the continuity between the blog, corporate site and BuyLifetime.com site. It looks like ONE company now rather than three separate identities.

And I can FINALLY find and search for products across the sites. Nice job!! I'm excited to see what Lifetime will do next to make my life easier.

teri

7/29/2008 9:18:57 PM

www.Lifetime.com has made my everyday life at home or on the road very easy when it comes to  shopping or problems with teen girls. I just love this website.

teri

7/29/2008 9:25:14 PM

I just wanted to say thanks, for everything and all the information www.Lifetime.com has allowed me to pass along to those who need it most when I travel the world.....

Colleen Wood

7/21/2011 7:10:10 AM

How do you get to register your shed here?

Joe

7/25/2011 3:50:34 PM

You can register your product by heading over to the Customer Care section of www.Lifetime.com.

Our Chinese New Year Celebration
Occasionally our family likes to take a time out from our usual dinner routine and enjoy something unique from a culture different than ours. Last week, since Chinese New Year was in full swing, we thought it would be a great opportunity to enjoy a part of the rich Chinese culture. Oftentimes we celebrate with extended family or a couple of families in our neighborhood but this year we decided to try something a little more trouble-free and just celebrated with our little family. We started by bringing one of our Lifetime 6 foot folding banquet tables up from the basement and placing it (with the legs unfolded) on a couple of short storage bins. This allowed the table to sit about 18 inches from the ground. Although sitting on the floor isnt necessarily a dining practice in the Chinese culture,some close friends started doing...
Charlys's Profile
Name: Charlys Position at Lifetime Products: I am a copywriter for our buylifetime website. I create the content for our online catalog and provide you with the detailed specs and product information you need. Topics I Blog About: I blog about all the different Lifetime products we have to offer that will make your work easier and your RR more enjoyable. I will keep you posted about all of the sales, discounts, and clearances we have on Lifetime products. My favorite Lifetime Products: Because I love camping, my personal favorites are the Jumping Jack Trailer and the camping table. On a Saturday afternoon you can find me: You can find me hiking in the mountains or bird watching at the lake; or I may be experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up my own exotic dishes from ideas I get on the food channel (to the delight or d...
Lifetime Store is Open in St. George!
After several months of construction, we are excited to announce our Lifetime Store in St. George, Utah is officially open for business! This morning we held the official ribbon cutting ceremony and well be celebrating with our Grand Opening event this entire week. If youre in the St. George area, be sure to stop by our Grand Opening because we have a lot going on that you wont want to miss radio remote broadcasts, contests, prizes, face painting, balloon artist, refreshments, and lots of fun products to see! Plus, well also be giving away a Lifetime kayak, youth paddleboard, and an Ace Flyer Teeter-Totter. Of course it wouldnt be a Grand Opening without some sales too - including $500 off the new Lifetime Double Slide Deluxe Playset! Stop by today through Saturday for 10% off your entire purchase. And, if that isnt enough, ...