An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

An all new www.Lifetime.com

www.Lifetime.comOver here at Lifetime Products Mission Control, we try to keep our flagship website up-to-date not only with the latest content, but also with the latest in techology and design.

When we visit websites we tend to like the ones that frequently update their content; have a clean, easy to use navigation scheme; and are fun to interact with. We think these kinds of sites encourage people to come back (that's called "repeat viewership" in web lingo) and to explore the site (that's called "multiple page views").

So, we added some flash, we added some interesting articles, and much more before wrapping it all up in a fancy new design that we hope you'll love!

Why don't you head on over to www.Lifetime.com, surf around a little bit, then come back here and let us know what you think!

Fold-up Trailer-- Extreme Dad's Day Gift

Hey...We were on Danny Lipford!

Joe

Joe

Name: Joe

Position at Lifetime Products: Web Developer. What does that mean? I work with the rest of the web team to put great designs into industry standard HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET MVC, and use other techno-jargon stuff to help our customers find what they're looking for, learn about our products, and have a fun time doing it.

Social Networks:

How long at Lifetime Products: Since November 2005

Background: You’ve always wanted to know who on earth Joe is, and even if you haven't we're going to tell you anyway! He was born in Weber County, Utah, USA. He is a descendant of Paiute (Native American) heritage and is a member of the Kanosh (Utah) Band. He is a member of various community, church, and civic organizations, and is actively involved with local, state, and national government. He is concerned with customer service and is striving to educate businesses concerning proper “consumer etiquette”. Joe is a Thawte Web of Trust Notary and is involved with seamless Digital Signatures utilizing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and similar technologies. He is a husband and father. He rides his recumbent bicycle to work every day. He enjoys gardening, houseplants, mobile computing, camping, authoring web sites, working in the yard, and spending time with his family. How does he do it all? We really don’t have the foggiest. Some have suspected he’s discovered the secrets of cold fusion, while others think he may be an android. We may never know for certain.

My favorite Lifetime Products: Lifetime Yard cart, outdoor sheds, camp tables, and picnic tables

Comments

Susan Mcgillis

7/15/2008 3:32:01 PM

Wow! That's an awesome website! I love how well you've separated the content (html) from the design (css)! The search engines must LOVE that!  Kudos to a job well done!

Roger

7/15/2008 3:41:17 PM

Hi!  I have a Lifetime shed (8x12) and truly appreciate its quality and function.  I have another location I would like to install a shed.  I am wondering if there are any future plans for a 10' series of vinyl sheds (the 8'series is too small, the 11' series too large)?  Specifically I would be interested in something close to 10x14?

Thank you.

- Roger

V John Beaudoin

7/17/2008 9:48:56 AM

How about listing/showing the shed accessories that are available for the shed interiors.  If I'm to buy a shed I want to know what's available before hand; not last minute or find out there out of stock.

joe

joe

7/17/2008 2:59:15 PM

Hey Roger! Thanks for the comment, and you're in luck!

I just got off the horn with our Sheds Expert in our Marketing Department.

We have two options that might work for you. We have a 10x8 Garden Building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-60005.aspx) and a 15x8 garden building (www.buylifetime.com/.../PID-6446.aspx).

These two would be the best options that we have available at this time.

Take a look at them an less us know what you think!

- joe

joe

joe

7/17/2008 3:19:12 PM

Susan! Thanks for the comments!

Speaking as one of the developers that worked first-hand on the new Lifetime.com website, I can tell you how difficult it is, at times, to write really well built page (pages that not just look good, but have a solid foundation). Separating content (xhtml) from design (css) was one of the goals of this version of the site. We're hoping it will not only help with load times (making the pages load faster) but also with search engines and screen readers as well.

Interestingly, even though we use Flash and dhtml throughout the site, it's still functional and readable without javascript or Flash turned on.

Thanks for the kudos! And thanks for the visit and comment! Why not subscribe to our feed while you're at it? (feeds.feedburner.com/Lifetime365)

- Joe the Web Guy

katie

7/24/2008 2:27:07 PM

John, thanks for your comment... I couldn't agree with you more. I'm excited to tell you that we are developing a flash piece to do exactly that. We will soon have all shed accessories, including details on the sheds and storage buildings that they are compatible with. These updates are coming soon to Lifetime.com.

Rachel

7/24/2008 7:27:02 PM

After not visiting the blog or the corporate site for a while I have to say, well done! I'm impressed with the clean design, friendly copy, and overall appearance of the site. I must also say kudos to the continuity between the blog, corporate site and BuyLifetime.com site. It looks like ONE company now rather than three separate identities.

And I can FINALLY find and search for products across the sites. Nice job!! I'm excited to see what Lifetime will do next to make my life easier.

teri

7/29/2008 9:18:57 PM

www.Lifetime.com has made my everyday life at home or on the road very easy when it comes to  shopping or problems with teen girls. I just love this website.

teri

7/29/2008 9:25:14 PM

I just wanted to say thanks, for everything and all the information www.Lifetime.com has allowed me to pass along to those who need it most when I travel the world.....

Colleen Wood

7/21/2011 7:10:10 AM

How do you get to register your shed here?

Joe

7/25/2011 3:50:34 PM

You can register your product by heading over to the Customer Care section of www.Lifetime.com.

Giving thanks at the Kiddie Table
The new LifetimeKiddie Table Sweepstakes has reminded me of some fond memories. My mother came from a family of 8 children, so when her side of the family gets together for holidays many of us cousins were told to sit at the kiddie table... usually a Lifetime adjustable height table. When I was finally big enough to sit at a table where I could swing my legs I was ecstatic to say the least. But as the years passed, I started to look at the kid's table again with a little more fondness. Being one of the only female cousins my age, I had a serious shortage of friends at these occasions. So I decided to start sitting at the kiddie table again. When you are in your teens and you start paying attention to children you get an instant fan base. After this move I became a family celebrity. You may laugh, but it's true. When I was ele...
Favorite Spring Craft Contest EXTENDED!
This contest has ended. Today I was supposed write a blog post and tell you to get busy voting for your Favorite Spring Craft. But, guess what? Instead, I'm announcing that we're extending the contest entry deadline! The original contestwasduring the Easter holiday which is a very busy time for many crafters and bloggers. So, we're going to extend the contest one more week to allow more of you to enter your crafts! (Oh, and don't forget, even if you don't enter, we're still giving everyone a discount! Use coupon code EASTER to save $5 off any purchase at Lifetime's online store. (Offer ends April13 at midnight. MST) Here are all of the contest details again, including the NEW dates: This contest is readers choice. After the entry deadline, we'll let our readers vote for their favorite craft out of all the submissions.The ...
Kokanee Tandem: You've never seen a kayak like this before!
At Lifetime, Commitment, Innovation, and Quality, is more than just a slogan, it is a way of doing business! We are constantly working to take our kayaks to the next level, above and beyond what is already out there. We take suggestions and advice from you, the people who use our kayaks, and incorporate that into our designs. After a lot of hard work weve come up with a kayak that is like nothing youve ever seen!I would like to introduce our brand new tandem kayak, the Kokanee! It is 10'6" in length and can hold a combined weight of 425 lbs! Sure, there are other tandem kayaks out there, but nothing as innovative and paddler friendly as our Kokanee. We racked our brains to come up with new improvements. We wanted to do something that wasnt out there already. Something that made kayaking that much more convenient and that much...